Foreign Exchange Rates - H.10
Effective on February 4, 2019, the Federal Reserve Board staff has made major changes to the methodology used to construct the trade-weighted dollar indexes in the H.10, G.5, and G.5A releases. These changes affect the calculation of index weights and country composition. The new dollar indexes go back to (and are indexed to) January 2006. For more information, see "Revisions to the Federal Reserve Dollar Indexes" and "Technical Q&As".
Foreign Exchange Rates -- H.10 Weekly
|COUNTRY||CURRENCY||May 6||May 7||May 8||May 9||May 10|
|4) BROAD - goods only||JAN97=100||128.0088||128.2591||128.1582||128.5811||128.2640|
|5) MAJOR - goods only||MAR73=100||92.5022||92.5916||92.4504||92.3633||92.1684|
|6) OITP - goods only||JAN97=100||166.7444||167.1961||167.1584||168.2518||167.7912|
Effective on February 4, 2019, the Federal Reserve Board has changed the methodology used to construct the trade-weighted dollar indexes in the H.10, G.5, and G.5A releases. These changes, designed to improve the alignment of the currency weights with current U.S. trade patterns, include revisions to the calculation of the weighting scheme and country composition. In addition, the former Major index has been renamed as the Advanced Foreign Economies (AFE) index, and the Other Important Trading Partners (OITP), index has been renamed as the Emerging Market Economies (EME) index. The Federal Reserve Board will continue to release the dollar indexes based solely on trade in goods until December 31, 2019. These indexes are referred to as "Broad - goods only", "Major - goods only", and "OITP - goods only". For more information on the new methodology, see "Revisions to the Federal Reserve Dollar Indexes."
Please visit the Currency Weights page (http://www.vwl8.com/releases/H10/Weights) for current weights and country composition of the Broad Index. The source for exchange rates not listed in the table above but used in the calculation of the Broad, AFE, and EME indexes is Bloomberg.
* U.S. dollars per currency unit.
1) A weighted average of the foreign exchange value of the U.S. dollar against the currencies of a broad group of major U.S. trading partners.
2) A weighted average of the foreign exchange value of the U.S. dollar against a subset of the broad index currencies that are advanced foreign economies.
3) A weighted average of the foreign exchange value of the U.S. dollar against a subset of the broad index currencies that are emerging market economies.
4) 5) 6) A weighted average of the foreign exchange value of the U.S. dollar against the currencies of a broad group of major U.S. trading partners, a subset of advanced foreign economies, and a subset of emerging market economies respectively--using weights based only on trade in goods.
Back to Top